This work focuses on the impact of agricultural sector on economic growth and development in Nigeria (1991 – 2012). Nigeria is endowed naturally with favourable climate that support plants growth and the rearing of animal, yet food insecurity has been a reoccurring phenomenon that affects most of her population. To this effect, this study, seeks to find out what impact agricultural sector has on economic growth and development, the challenges and solutions to the setback in agricultural output. In the study, economic growth and development was measured using GDP growth and regressed on agricultural sector measured using agricultural output, secondary data was used, retrieved from Central Bank of Nigeria and National Bureau of Statistics statistical bulletin (2013) to estimate the relationship. The findings from the study showed that there is a positive relationship between agricultural sectoral output and economic growth/development. The researcher therefore, recommended that there should be consistency in the Federal Government’s annual budgetary allocations to the agricultural sector and funds made available should be made accessible by farmers to enhance agricultural production; government should make efforts through its agencies to enlighten farmers of the availability of financial subsidies. Government should also reinforce its link with rural farmers in the provision of farm inputs and credit facilities that could be affordable to the farmers, through its agricultural extension workers and take a holistic appraisal of agricultural programmes and schemes, with a view of streamlining them to meet the dynamics of times, for the benefits of the Nigerian citizenry.
The Impact of Agricultural Sector on Economic Growth & Development in Nigeria
Report AbuseCategory: Economics
Report an abuse for product The Impact of Agricultural Sector on Economic Growth & Development in Nigeria
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
Money shall be refunded if:
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
You are hereby allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in