This research focuses on monetary policy framework in Nigeria issues, problems and prospects (1995 – 2012). Monetary policies serve as an avenue through which the central bank influences the state of the economy and takes care of the flow of currency in the economy and ensures stable growth. The Nigeria economy has been characterized with series of disturbances which include; consistent rise in prices, inflation and unemployment, to this effect, this study, seeks to find out the issues and problems facing the monetary policy in effectively controlling and stabilizing the economy and proffers possible solutions. In the study, GDP was regressed on money supply. Secondary data was used, collected from Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) statistical bulletins to estimates the statistical relationship. The findings from the study showed that money supply has positive and significant impact on gross domestic product. It was concluded that CBN monetary policy play significant role on the growth of Nigeria economy. Also, that Inflation is persistent in the economy because Nigeria is operating far below full employment equilibrium and the increase in GDP does not translate to improved purchasing power because poverty index has continued to worsen over the years. This study therefore recommended that the Nigerian financial system should be made more effective in its monetary management by making all financial markets organized so as to accentuate the effects of monetary policy variables, the central bank should endeavor to improve on its current performance in producing accurate and credible balance sheet information in a timely manner, they should also estimate properly the length and variability’s of lags that affect policies, government should introduce a specification of the financial structure that is richer than the existing ones and the monetary authorities should develop a money stable policy that would propel the economy towards a positive end.
Monetary Policy Framework in Nigeria Issues, Problems and Prospects
Report AbuseCategory: Economics
Report an abuse for product Monetary Policy Framework in Nigeria Issues, Problems and Prospects
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
Money shall be refunded if:
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
You are hereby allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in