This work focuses on the attaining Nigeria Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and poverty reduction. This study, seeks to find out the extent to which the Millennium Development Goal on Poverty reduction and other National Poverty Reduction have effectively being realized and the hindrances to their attainment otherwise and the possible ways to overcome such hindrances. Two basic data was used, they includes primary and secondary sources. Secondary data were gathered by consulting some books, journals related to the subject of study while the primary data, was through survey. A sample of 116 respondents was selected from MDGs/NAPEP office. Our findings reveal that the MDGs/NAPEP programes have not been able to significantly reduce the level of poverty. The failure of the programmes is attributed to among others the non – involvement of the stakeholders particularly the poor who are the target beneficiaries, lack of understanding of the multi – dimensional nature of poverty, corruption and mismanagement etc. This study therefore recommended that government should give poverty reduction programmes adequate pride through sufficient budgeting and prompt replacement of fund, efforts should be made to effectively target the poor in all consideration at all levels of policy formulation and implementation, the government should step up it anti – corruption campaign and good management etc.
Poverty Reduction and the Attainment of Nigerian Millennium Development Goals
Category: Economics Tags: BSC Project, Economics
Report an abuse for product Poverty Reduction and the Attainment of Nigerian Millennium Development Goals
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
Money shall be refunded if:
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
You are hereby allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in