This study is to examine the factors responsible for truancy among secondary school students in Kuje Area Council, F.C.T Abuja. This study identifies the different factors that contribute to the spread of truancy among secondary school students. The study contains some literature review of the previous authors which relates to the topic of study. The method and procedure adopted in the study was the survey and questionnaire, the questionnaire was administered to collect relevant information on the topic. The population was 200 students as sample procedure of the study. The mode of data analysis used was descriptive statistics to analyze the information collected by calculating the mean. The research work shows the meaning of truancy, the various causes of truancy. From the findings the extent to which truancy affects the academic performance and social process of a student were determined. Also, the various ways by which truancy is manifested were highlighted in the research work and recommendations were made towards the eradication of truancy in secondary schools.
Factors Responsible For Truancy in Secondary Schools
It is hoped that the result of this study will be useful to school administrators by examining the various causes and consequences of truancy and state the ways of curbing it, which will serve as a vital instrument for effective school administration. Secondly, it will be useful to parents and guardian by giving them insight on the reason why their children engage in truancy and possible ways of curbing them from such behaviour. Equally, the study would be of immense value to graduate and undergraduate students studying education management and administration. This will assist in giving them insight on how to handle truancy and truant students.
The study would assist in the discovery of the fundamental aspects underlying truant behaviour among students. The study will avail them the opportunity of administering the proper guidance and counseling method that can be adopted to curb this behaiviour, prevent it and also enable the student to get the best out of the teaching learning process.
Report an abuse for product Factors Responsible For Truancy in Secondary Schools
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in