The study investigated the problems of teaching Basic Science in Junior Secondary Schools in Gwagwalada Council, FCT-Abuja. The survey research design was adopted for the study. One hundred and fifty (150) were randomly selected for the study. The main instrument used for the study was questionnaire designed and the data collected were analyzed using frequency count and percentage. It was observed that goals and objective of Basic Science are not well implemented. More so, finance, inadequate instructional materials, inadequate funding by the government, incompetent teachers and ineffective use of methodology among others contributed to ineffective of teaching of Basic Science. The findings revealed that, there is need to intensify the training of administrators and teachers to be abreast with the changing needs of the education and equip them with skills and knowledge for the challenges ahead. It was recommended among others, that the curriculum of Basic Science be structured. Government should provide adequate fund at this level of education and as well ensure effective supervision of Basic Science in order to maintain stipulated standard.
Factors Affecting Teaching & Learning Of Basic Science In Junior Secondary School
It has not been easy to produced teachers to teach Basic science the way it should be taught. This is because most science teachers in our schools like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Agriculture etc, but not Basic science and when these “specialist” teachers are required to teach it in a compartmentalized field of physics, chemistry, Biology etc.
Report an abuse for product Factors Affecting Teaching & Learning Of Basic Science In Junior Secondary School
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in