Assessment of agricultural soils for heavy metal contents is of great concern due to potential health implications and safety issues involved in the uptake of the metals by crops on agricultural soils. Heavy metals are metals that have a specific gravity greater than 4.0g/m. This study is aimed at assessing the concentration of heavy metals in agricultural soils of some selected farms in Kwara state. Soil samples were collected from four location (Idofian, Oro, Omu-Aran and Ogbondoroko) and analysed for pH, textural classification and some heavy metals metal contents (Cd, Cr, Pb, Zn, Co, Cu, and Mn) using standard pH meter, hydrometer method and atomic absorption spectrometer (AAS) method respectively. The experiment was carried out extensively following the standard procedure of agricultural practices put in place. The results of the analysis showed that the pH of the soil ranges from slightly acidic to slightly alkaline (5.40 to 7.50). The textural classification of the soils showed that aside of Oro which can be classified as sandy loam other locations have loamy soil. The mean concentrations of the heavy metals ranged from (0 to 7.67 mg/kg) for Cd, Cr, Pb, Zn, Co, Cu, and Mn respectively. The obtained values for respective metal are below the established limit of FAO and WHO. This implies that the heavy metals considered are not of grave concern at present. The correlation analysis showed a strong correlation between the heavy metals and soil pH.
Heavy Metals in Agricultural Soils in Selected Farm Lands
This project deals on assessing heavy metals present in agricultural soils
Report AbuseCategory: Agric. & Bioresources Engineering
Report an abuse for product Heavy Metals in Agricultural Soils in Selected Farm Lands
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
Money shall be refunded if:
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
You are hereby allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in