The nutritional properties of two varieties of dried okra seeds namely abelmoschus caillei and abelmoschus moschantus (LD and LN) were evaluated. The chemical properties evaluated were moisture, crude protein, crude fat, ash content, crude fiber and vitamin C. The seeds have an ash content of 5.18 %.. The crude fat was found to contain high levels of unsaturated fatty acids especially oleic acid. The results shows a relatively low moisture content 8.14 0.71 indicating that the bulk of the okra seeds contain very little amount of water content. Mean concentration of crude protein (29.22 0.68a) and energy value (359.92 18.12a) was high. Vitamin C is relatively high, which implies that dried okra seeds could be a good supplement for nutrients.
Determination of the nutritional properties of dried okra seeds
The nutritional properties of two varieties of dried okra seeds namely abelmoschus caillei and abelmoschus moschantus (LD and LN) were evaluated
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.