This work focuses on the effect of poverty on economic growth in Nigeria. Poverty is a ramped phenomenon in most parts of this country, to this effect, this study, seeks to find out the menace and impact of poverty, the obstacles to achieving government policies on poverty reduction and the means by which the obstacles can be eliminated. In the study, economic growth was measured using GDP growth rate and regressed poverty measured based on head count poverty rate, per capital income growth rate. Secondary data was used, collected from Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) statistical bulletins to estimates the statistical bulletin relationship. The findings from the study showed that there was an insignificant positive relationship between economic growth and poverty based on head count also an insignificant positive relationship between economic growth and per capital income growth rate. It was concluded that poverty can become a thing of the past. If corruption , mismanagement macro –economic instability, low capacity, utilization, unemployment, rapid population growth, discrimination, bad social policy and a host of others can be eliminated. This study therefore recommended that government should invest in human capacity building, provide basic infrastructure for sustainable economic growth, make business environment friendly and attractive to investors, also the government need to implement relevant population policies to reduce population, eliminate corruption and mismanagement and provide job for the populist.
The Effect Of Poverty On Economic Growth In Nigeria
Poverty is a ramped phenomenon in most parts of this country, to this effect, this study, seeks to find out the menace and impact of poverty, the obstacles to achieving government policies on poverty reduction and the means by which the obstacles can be eliminated.
Report an abuse for product The Effect Of Poverty On Economic Growth In Nigeria
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
- Download link appears after payment has been confirmed by our payment processors.
- Download link expires after three (3) Downloads.
- Project descriptions doesn't go in conformity with project content.
Cancellation / Return / Exchange Policy
- As a source for additional understanding of the subject
- As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
- For PROPER paraphrasing (see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase)
- Direct citing (if referenced properly)
- You respect to the authors copyright.
- You further declare that the Project will be acquired for personal use of the Consignee and/or Buyer. The Project will not be sold, resold, bartered or in any way disposed for profit.
Questions and Answers
You are not logged in